30 December, 2010
14 December, 2010
This will just be random, I'm hoping to feel better as I unload all of this so please bare with me.
* Christmas tree is not up yet, kids want a real one, so hubby is going bush to find one
* No decorations up as yet, before this is done the things below have to be done...
* 1 x old window pulled out of bedroom and replaced with new (ebay) window for pregnant daughter and partner who have just moved in and their belongings are lying in wait to be place somewhere.
* Excess belongings need to be taken away for storage
* Old fire place also to be taken out,in same room for time been and gyprocked
* Now house is back in some kind of order for time being. Need to start to make Christmas pudding and goodies
* Lawn mower died, grass is now upto belly button
* Keep watch for snakes around house
* Need to fix chickens pen, two hens sitting on eggs, one in middle of herb garden
* Need to put baby chicks when born in safe place away from predators
* Need to put gravel in drive way because so much rain has caused it to be boggy
* Need to take truck down to Sydney for son because he is moving house just before Christmas and need to pick
up furniture for him from suppliers
* Need to make sure daughter is booked into hospital to have baby as she has moved to another area
* Oh! need to find a car that we can buckle in capsule so we can bring home daughter and baby from hospital
* Have not done any Christmas shopping
* Need to pick up laybyes
* Buy food for christmas
* Finish clipping the dog, she looks like she is wearing a skirt
* Need to wash all (5) dogs,found a flea on one of the dogs, very strange because we have not had any fleas for 6 years
* Buys son birthday present, his birthday is Christmas Eve
* Pick up daughter,son-inlaw and granddaughter from Sydney and return home on Christmas Eve, four hours one way
* DO NOT FORGET customers orders to be made and delivered and make sure bills are paid and presents are bought
* Try and keep sane, only ten days to Christmas.
I'm sure I have forgotten some thing, anyway I feel a little bit better :)
30 November, 2010
Well, Christmas is around the corner and I have done nothing to prepare for it!
19 October, 2010
06 October, 2010
22 September, 2010
Life has been busy as usual, the Church is nearly completed "Alleluia" well I should say that we don't have quiet enough money to completely finish it so we have completed as much as we can and the rest is upto God.
My business can now get back into full swing again as my customer orders are mounting up and I have been doing quotations left, right and centre so thank goodness summer is on its way because we will be having late evening in the shed finishing off orders.
I have been doing Grandma duties and oh what fun, my eldest grandbaby Riley turned 6 last week and she had about 30 friends over to celebrate, I don't know what mum was thinking. Little Georgia will be turning one in November and precious Sophie has just started eating carrot, banana and pears and I have a photo of my little carrot top girl with carrot all over her :) My youngest daughter is now 19 weeks pregnant and is doing well and baby is due early February.
Spring has sprung and my veggie patch is sitting and waiting for me to get my act together and get my beds ready for planting. First I have to sort out my chickens as they have been free ranging for the last five months and think they own the place, nothing is left undisturbed as they go through every inch with a fine tooth comb scratching and pecking at everything. With all the rain we have had the ground is still really soft and muddy and with these warmer days the grass has been growing like crazy so I have a lot of weeding to do.
I have been more involved in my church lately and have been given the position of secretary of the ladies ministry and just recently I have been made a Deacon as well as my other positions of editor for our bulletin and church office administrator so my days have been very full.
Life is busy and crazy so I know how important it is to have quiet times and me times like smelling the roses if you know what I mean. I encourage you to have these times even if it is just to recharge your batteries and really appreciate life.....go bake a cake and enjoy eating it :)
17 August, 2010
22 July, 2010
I have been absent due to grandma duties and loving it. My daughter and grandbaby Sophie have been visiting for a week and we all have had a lovely time together even the animals were excited having this little precious one come and stay. It was lovely to wake up in the mornings and see this little smiley face and have chats with lots of gurgles. We had lots of time to chat and spend time together, the weather was a little chilly but we managed to keep warm near the fire. As usual the time goes quickly and before we knew it, it was time to go home, but I am sure it won't be long before they will come back.
02 July, 2010
01 July, 2010
Look at all that wiring what a night mare but the ceiling is all down and the room is cleaned out ready for the ceiling frames the guys made to be put back up. It was a different way of doing things but it worked and it was quicker and the ceiling will be much stronger.
One last section of gyprock to go up and the job will be done. I made the guys homemade lasagna with fresh salad and garlic bread and they loved it, it was a feast. They finished early afternoon and they had to take off and get back into town because the freight courier was delivering the stoves and fridges and coffee machine hubby and I purchased for the new church.
27 June, 2010
I had a bit of a problem opening my car door at 8.30am this morning because it was FROZEN
On a warmer note I was blessed with one of my new kitchen bench tops, I chose a shiny cream marble looking top with a square edge.
Hubby is cutting out the top for my new kitchen sink, this bench is 1500 (5ft) long and we have to cut half of it out for the sink, but waste not, want not hubby is going to make me some chopping boards with the off cuts :)
Isn't she nice and shiny, that's our friend Tony screwing the clips in to hold the sink down.
It even comes with a chopping board and a removable vegetable/scrap drainer.....very nice :)
And look my first set of washed dishes. I know its only a bench top and new sink but I have been waiting patiently for a long time now and if you keep reading there is more!
This is the opened gap in my lounge room ceiling at the moment and the cold breeze comes shooting down there on windy nights. BUT tomorrow the lovely guys that have been working on our new church helping my hubby are all coming out to rip that old ceiling down, replacing the beams (one beam in my ceiling is a tree branch can you believe that) and put up a new gyprock ceiling YAY YAY YAY! Mind you I have to cook up a feast for all these hard working guys but I think it is going to be worth it :)
Its a fairly long room and the whole ceiling is coming down, just think of the mess and dust. Once the ceiling has been replaced then we can do the cornices, skirting, window frames and then start to paint and then I can start decorating.
These are cheval mirrors I sell at my shop that are really nice and are often hard to find in shops, I sell them for $120 and they come in two colours baltic and walnut. I'm not sure why I have put them on this post but I have other things listed below in my shop that I sell and I could easily post these out to people if they were interested. We mainly sell large items we make but I have been getting in these french provincial items to give the shop another look.
This clock has strawberries and butterflies and is 15cm x 15cm
This is a Buffet & Hutch we make, I love the little drawers. We have made so many different combinations of these cupboards and they all look fantastic.
- ► 2011 (16)
- ▼ 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (66)