18 September, 2008

Chook! Chook! Chook!

This is Abbey, she loves to watch the chooks especially the rooster. They have this game of staring each other down and waiting to see who moves first. My chook pen must have been built about thirty years ago and is just hanging in there, as you can see I have put a wire shelf across the door frame so little watchers can't get their paws in there.
They have been good chooks and have been waiting patiently for their new coop, which will hopefully be built this spring. Dave has been going flat out building furniture for customers and the last thing on his mind is a new chicken coop, but! he is yearning for a break so I can see a new chicken coop happening. If he gives me a hand with the uprights I can probably do the rest (maybe)
I don't have names for my chooks like Lisa from Laughing Orca Ranch but after reading her blog I have definitely been thinking about it. I haven't spent a lot of time with them and they sort of look all the same " black " They are presently sitting on eggs... well two of them are sitting in the same box. The rooster is very good looking and he is very friendly. I call him chook chook chook as well and he comes running with the others. When my coop is finish I'll have to get some different breed chooks so to add colour in there hehehehe! You never know I might even give them names.

3 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Hey! I saw my blog posted here! How cool is that? :)

Sorry I'm so behind in reading posts.

I think your chooks are beautiful...and one handsome roo, too!

Have they ever went broody and hatched out any chicks?

May I suggest some names for your lovely hens?

Soot
Ink
Ebony

Here's wishing a new coop built for you soon :)

~Lisa

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh and I forgot. You could also call them:

Sooty
Inky
Ebony

I name jumped out of my head for you roo(I know scary, eh?):

Mr. Belvedere

Don't ask me where that came from. It's just here now.

hehehe

~Lisa

white_lilly said...

Hi Lisa,

Oh I love Mr Belvedere for the roo and the others would be perfect as well

I now just have to distinguish who is who :)

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"