09 January, 2014

Its Raining!

It's been raining on and off today and the temperature has dropped giving us some relief. The paddocks have that dry yellow crispness about them and the dam levels are dropping not a good start to the year. I'm sending some sheep to the abattoir next week, enough for ourselves and the kids plus one for a friend which will cover the cost of freight/slaughter and butchering. I might even think about sending some to the sale yards, we don't have a real lot of stock but if the paddocks start to suffer it probably is for the best.
 
 
Wally my farmyard cat loves to hang out with me when I milk the goats. I often feel her rub against my leg when I'm milking. There is also a hen that lays eggs in there as well, its a real family affair kind of farm. I often wander around the farm checking fences and animals and I would look behind and I'd have a trail of animals following.

 
This is where I milk and that is my milking stanchion that my hubby made for me, I also keep the babies in here for the night. I have about five goats that I milk sometimes seven depends if the kids feed off them and I usually get between 5-6 litres of milk.
This is where the chickens hang out, we are in the process of making more pens so that we can breed meat birds and maybe gets some turkeys. The kid goats also have this area to hang out as well, you can never have enough fenced off areas for animals.

I'm off to bed early tonight as I've had a few sleepless nights with restless leg syndrome, it drives me insane. I'm looking into fermentation as I read probiotic drinks are good for your system and could possibly help me.

No comments:

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"