11 May, 2010

Mothers Day with a twist!

I'm a little late in saying this but I had a great 'Mothers Day' I woke up and the sun was shining in through the window and I knew I would hear from each of my children and the day would be blissful. My darling husband was going to make me bacon and eggs and a cup of tea in bed, BUT he couldn't wait to rip out the bedroom wall, get rid of those louvred windows and put in the new windows and sliding door. So out of bed I jump to make him bacon and eggs while he fetches his hammer and other tools of destruction he loves :)


You see he couldn't wait to pull those louvres out, they are nice in summer with the cool breeze but let me tell you our room was like the Antarctic in the winter. We would open our bedroom door and the cold breeze would hit you like you were opening the fridge.
It didn't take hubby long to pull that wall apart for the whole world to see my bedroom, just as well we live out in the country and neighbours are a fair way from us but it was mothers day and the village was a bit busy with visitors.
Do you like my bed? I love it because it is higher than a normal bed and is a delight to get out of in the morning because you just roll out and you are standing up, if you know what I mean.


When I took this photo I could see all the things I have shoved under the bed and it looked a mess.
Once the wall was down hubby put the windows and door in, by this time my daughter and her boyfriend arrived as a surprise for mothers day and fortunate for them I had put on a large roast lamb (freshly killed three days before) so there was plenty and we had a feast with triffle (cake,custard,jelly,peaches and cream, YUM) for desert.
Later on we will put a deck out here so that we can sit out there on a warm evening and maybe gaze through my telescope or just enjoy the sunshine.

At long last (18 months) we had our fire going again not with some hiccups, see that rubble on the floor and the hole above the fire well the flute did not line up with the fire place in the chimney because when you start renovating a house you get these hiccups. After using the jack hammer, the grinder, hammer and crow bar and the welder to make up a elbow that looks like a dogs leg and with much more destruction on the other side of the wall we managed to get it all together. The destruction behind the fire is where the laundry room is and hubby had to make an opening in the chimney wall to reach the back of the fire ( I will show you a picture tomorrow) any way we thought we could put a door on this square opening and make it a pizza/bread oven. I thought it was a good idea the door and oven would be well made as the guy who gave us a hand is a welder :)


The doggies enjoyed the sunshine, this is Jatzie lying on some of the timber and that is Abbey
below looking a bit camera shy, they love having their jumpers on because the house is/was cold. Sarabie is our other little inside dog and she was checking out the new entry and exit dad was making in the bedroom.


No comments:

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"