01 June, 2013

The blessing of of rain and cuddles

 
At long last we've had a day of rainfall and we could see some more tomorrow. As I was feeding the animals this morning I notice my young filly wasn't coming upto the yard, something was holding her back, as I looked down to her legs I notice some wire was wrapped around her back leg preventing her from walking forward. I had to get my hubby out of bed because this was going to be a two man event. Bella is young and unfortunately hasn't had a lot of handling with her back legs but I was so surprised she was fairly calm. I held her and my hubby (at the other end)cut the wire off her leg, what a way to start the morning off.
 
 
Before the rain set in I was able to attend to some of my vegetable beds, I've been bagging up the manures from my paddocks in preparation of my beds for spring. It's funny how the small things can make you so happy  I looking at these bags of manure as it was gold :) I also had time to plant up some herbs and veggies.
 
As the rain started to get heavier I decided to head in for lunch, I think hot soup was called for such a cold wet day. I love setting up my laptop in the kitchen and look for recipes on the web for the ingredients I'm wanting to use, today it was going to be leek and tomato soup, yummy!
 
 
My gorgeous little granddaughter is now 7weeks old, it is such a joy to have my daughter and her family living with us at the moment to have cuddles and playtime with a 7week old and a 2year old is a blessing for any grandma.
 
 

No comments:

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"