22 April, 2009

I'm Back! Now to Catch Up!

Boy! Time does fly, I can't believe how long it has been since I have been in blog land. I have not
only missed putting up post but I have missed reading all of my favourite blogs and now I am trying to catch up.

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter, I certainly did and had a few days off as well. The only thing about having time off and relaxing is that I relax too much and let my guard down and with out fail I seem to pick up some bug and become sick. This time I got the flu, it hit me hard for a day and I fought it and now I'm just about over it.

I have had Jess home for about 2 weeks which has been great and we have enjoyed lots of laughter and fun together. She will be going back to Sydney on the weekend.

I am now Editor of my Church's Bulletin, I would never in a million years predicted that one. I think having a blog has helped a lot because I am more of a thinker than a writer and writing my post has just come naturally plus it has helped me operating this computer.

Daylight savings started not long ago and I have already hit one kangaroo, it did jump away so hopefully it is alright and I have had others run out in front of me, thankfully only my spotlight was pushed in and there was no other damage. I have only another 6 months of this till daylight savings is back LOL

I don't want to make my post too long and besides I don't have any photos of anything at the moment. I will have to get back to a normal routine with my blogging and there is so much to update such as my veggie patch (weeds are back), the renovations ( I have had a few mice in ahhh), the shop (some big changes which will make the shop stronger and better), Oh we now have a truck, the building of the new Church and much more :)

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Welcome back. The break must have been nice for you though with all the things you did. You are such a busy person...Good on you. Marilyn

Michelle said...

Welcome back! I didn't realize you Aussies mess with the time as well. I wish the powers that be would just leave the clocks alone!

white_lilly said...

Hi Marilyn, thank you. I hope you had a lovely Easter with your family :)

Hi Michelle, yeah we mess with time. I wish also they would leave it alone it is just another thing they have to muck around with
Its good to be back and I have so much reading of blogs to do :)

Wendy said...

Welcome back! I forgot - you are going into fall, as we're going into spring! I am rejoicing in the season as spring is my favourite time of year.

I can't imagine hitting a kangaroo! I've never even seen one. We have to look out for deer, since I live in the country.

Congrats on your new position as editor!! I hope you have fun with the bulletin.

There was a nasty flu going around here too. A lot of the children got sick. And the elderly too. But spring has a way of "thawing out" the viruses or something and people get sick.
Hope you're back to normal. Sound like you are.
Hugs

Cheryl@Gingerbread Crafts said...

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message on my blog.
Am very happy that you weren't hurt when you hit the Kangaroo. They can be a real menace in the dark. I've never hit one but on the way back from Lower Portland one night noticed one right by the roadside. We were doing 80kph (no speeding) as soon as I called out "Kangaroo", my husband slowed right down - he's hit one before.

Sorry to hear that you've been sick.

Grammy said...

Glad you are back missed ya!

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"