23 September, 2013

Beautiful spring days!

I'm determined to get my vegetable patch up and running this year, after our house burnt down a lot of things have been neglected and the veggie patch has been one of them. We just had 70mm of rain and the ground is just right to turn it over and remove the thick grass and roots from the ground. My lovely hubby has erected a fence and gate for me to keep the dogs and goats out.
 

The rain has made my work a lot easier pulling these grass roots out. My leeks are still going strong, I usually cut my leeks just below the ground so that they will reproduce next season.

 

These are my raised beds, I still have a lot of work ahead of me to get them ready for planting. My hubby said he'll make a couple of trellises for my beans and other vines. I'm going to try and grow everything possible because I'm wanting to have enough to feed ourselves, children and grandchildren as well as bottling, preserving and maybe sell, barter and give to others in need. We have been having beautiful springs days and they have been getting longer, daylight savings is just around the corner.
 

No comments:

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"